But it tastes like health in a glass! I was a little weirded out when it came out a brownish green color, but when I thought about what went into it, it made sense. Here’s how to make yourself a health shake….
- Add frozen fruit to the blender. I freeze any of my fruit that is starting to go bad (well, not citrus, I wind up juicing that) to use for these shakes.
- Add filtered water to make the right consistency (you’ll figure this out over time). You can also use juice, but juice is high in sugar so I’ve switched to water.
- Then you get to add some extra health! Here are some options – wheat grass powder, grated ginger, ground flax seeds, protein powder.
- Blend and enjoy! (Even if you wind up with a funky color)
Here’s another shake I make when I need my chocolate fix:
- Add a frozen banana to the blender
- Add enough almond milk to make a full glass.
- Add a dash of vanilla.
- Add a scoop of Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa.
- Blend and enjoy! (this one looks good, too. Just like a chocolate milkshake.)